Intellectual Property Strategy – Many of the new businesses that open and close in any given year are in the high tech area. There are numerous reasons for this. There are many high tech companies that fail and many high tech companies that are bought and sold. As well, many companies that open and close in any given year are real successes that eventually find their way to the market. The key is really that they are successful and they are in the market long enough to be bought and sold.
In the first category are the ones that open with a bang and then they just sit and collect money in their coffers, hoping that another company will buy them up. The market for these companies is so small that the number who actually come to the market is so small that there is little opportunity for either the seller or the buyer.
The buyers of such companies find that they are always on the lookout for a good deal because they know that once they buy such an entity, they are going to need to sell it quickly or the next buyer will take them away.
The second category of companies who open with a bang are those that are actually a lot more successful. They find their niche and they enforce that niche in the marketplace. In the marketplace, the market can change rapidly because there are always new players and new companies that are always coming and going. The company that has a niche and enforces that niche always has a niche and enforces that niche because there is little competition at this point in time.
A company that is successful and enforces that niche, can look back at the past few years and see that the market did not change much. So how does such a company become the big company that can be bought by someone else?
They find a need that was not filled and they fill that need and they do that consistently and they stay on top of the market for a long time to come.
The company that has a bang and sits collecting money can change from company to company and over time. There are companies out there every year that can change because as long as they change themselves and the product that they put on the marketplace there will always be a large number of buyers that can change them.
A company that has a bang can become the top company in their industry. If they have the customers and the sales volume, even if they are not the largest company in the industry at any one time, in most cases, they will be soon.
A company that enforces its niche will be big and can change with the times. If they have the customers and the sales volume they can go join a competitor and sit and wait for a competitor come in and take their customers away from them.
A company can enforce its niche and stay on top and grow for 20 years and still be top despite competition and changing markets.
A company can enforce its niche and stay on top, while the market changes and change the company.
This is one of the key reasons why one must understand the fundamentals of business.
1. A company can enforce it’s niche only after they have customers and a sales volume and have proven that they can have sales volume. No company can enforce it’s niche before it has either of those items.
2. They can prove that they have customers only after they have entered into a partnership. No company can enter into a partnership before they have proven that they can have sales volume and prove it.
3. They can enforce their niche only after they have established a company and have customers and a sales volume. No company can enforce their company and customers and a sales volume before they have done those things.
A company cannot enforce that it has customers and sales volume before actually having either of those items. In the real world there is always some challenge that can be overcome. For example many companies try to enter the market with a low price. In the real world the first company to come up with the best low price will become the target of the companies that are lowering their prices to gain market share or to reduce their fixed costs. This is why many companies have stores in malls. To capture customers and lower prices is a strategy that many companies use. This strategy may work one time, but not many. The real world never stays still for one moment.
4. There is always some unexpected challenge that can be overcome. In the real world there are always unexpected events that occur and change the market. For example the invention of the personal computer. In the real world the invention of the personal computer would have changed the marketplace and prevented many companies from entering the market.
5. Finally they can enforce the niche of any company only after it has entered into a legally binding partnership with another company. No company can enforce its strategy with out entering into a legally binding partnership. This is done to protect the strategy of both the company entering the market and the company that invented the strategy. This is a much better way to do business.
6. The worst thing that can happen in the real world is for a company to fail to protect its intellectual property. This is why patents are so important. By securing a patent the company can ensure that it can enforce its intellectual property rights.
So by all means if you want to go into business you should look at how to protect your intellectual property. The most important aspect of course will be how much money you want to protect, and that will depend greatly on the market you are entering. There are many different strategies available and they can be found in books about starting a business. These books will outline different strategies and show you which one suits your circumstances. The first thing to remember is that you don’t want to get into a legal battle with anyone. You don’t want to have to defend your strategy in court. The courts are notorious for taking years to resolve a dispute. This delay hurts your chances of ever selling your strategy.
It is much better to approach potential partners and Licensors early on. This way you can agree on the terms of the license and can outline what the royalties will be. It is also important to outline your strategy on paper so that you know exactly what you want and who you want to use it. It is a good idea to use one document when discussing your strategy with multiple Licensor.
Once you have both agreements in front of a Judge you will need to find out whether or not you have a good case. You should also make sure that your strategy has been used correctly. There are situations where Licensor may try and pull a fast one on you. This is why it is important to make sure that you have multiple agreements in front of a Judge. If your strategy has been incorrectly used you will have to fight a lengthy battle to correct it.
You will also need to protect your intellectual property in the future. You should make sure that your strategy will have no problems in the future. This will ensure that you have a good intellectual property case in the future. It will also ensure that you get a good price for your strategy. A strategy without protection will sit in a warehouse with no value.
The best strategy is what works best for you. It might be something that you find in a book about starting a business or it could be something that you come up with yourself. This depends on what you are trying to do. This strategy may not work perfectly for you. It just means that it might not work perfectly for you. However, you will have to get through what may be hurdles if you decide to go down this path. If you have already started a business and want to use a strategy you will have to make sure you keep your agreements and intellectual property in front of a judge or a court of justice.